Carly over at Still Standing Magazine had a great idea for a 10 Things About You Post. She mentions how early on in the grief process it very much defines us. Sometimes I feel like all people see when they look at me is the girl that lost a baby. While that is a huge part of who I am, it is not all I am. So here is a little bit about me.
- Where were you born and where do you live? – I was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri.
- What is your favourite colour? – It used to be yellow, but these days I really love purple.
- Most amazing day of your life? – I think I’m going to have to say the day we brought Madeline home. That is when everything finally felt real, and I was just so beyond relieved to have her there with us.
- Favourite movie? – I don’t really have a favorite. I have several that I really love: The Dark Knight, The Wizard of Oz, The Breakfast Club, and Breakfast at Tiffanys
- What are you passionate about? – So many things. I’m passionate about God and about my family. I’m passionate about being an advocate for those who aren’t able to speak for themselves. I’m passionate about being a positive force in this world.
- Hobbies? – I love to write, take photographs, and just be creative.
- What is your perfect idea of a night out? – A nice dinner that I didn’t have to cook and really just doing anything together with my husband. I just love spending time with him.
- What is your perfect idea of a night in? – Cuddling on the sofa with my husband watching a movie. Nothing fancy, just simple and easy.
- What is a strange fact about you? – I didn’t meet my dad until I was 17.
- Your dream job? – I’m not sure. This is probably why I can’t decide what I want to go back to school to get my Masters in… I think I would really like to either work with children or go into counseling. I would like to be able to help others in some way.
I am Still Standing in memory of Joshua Patrick Denney.